Friday, February 6, 2009

SHARK!!!

I have been getting a lot of questions about sharks. Yes, there are sharks in the reef, but due to the warm temperatures of the water (yes, the water is nice and warm), the more aggressive sharks tend not to inhabit the area, just the smaller more placid ones. While I have seen a few sharks while here, none of them were bigger than I am and they usually are so scared that they swim away when they see me. Yes, I am that terrifying! If you are worried about swimming in the ocean, snorkeling, or scuba diving because you have seen the movies Jaws, Deep Blue Sea, or (more appropriately, because it was supposed to take place at the Great Barrier Reef) Open Water, fear not. Since 1976 there have only been 3 shark attacks in all of Queensland, with only one being fatal.

You have a greater chance being verbally assaulted by Christian Bale than getting attacked by a shark! Though I am not sure what is worse.



*That picture of Christian Bale is from the movie The Machinist, which is actually a good movie. And obviously the background it is superimposed over is from the movie Jaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment