Wednesday, January 21, 2009

An Introduction

Hello everyone!

My name is Eby and, as most of you may know, I have been hired as the island caretaker for the beautiful Islands of the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland, Australia. I will be blogging here regularly for the next 6 months, so bookmark this page and check back often! Not only will I be writing about my adventures here on the island, but I will have photo and video features that I will add weekly.

I also want to make sure that you understand your part in all of this. Yes, you have a part in this too. This is not going to be just one-way communication, it is going to be interactive. I want you to tell me what you want to see and give me feedback on what I am doing. Do you want to see the fashions in season with the yachtsmen during the Hamilton Island Race Week yachting festival? Do you want more underwater photos? Maybe you want to see the nightlife or the surfing or the spas? I am working on a weekly video feature that involves island visitors answering questions candidly about their experience. I will solicit question from you and have you all vote on which to use in a poll. So this experience is as much your as it is mine.

Now let me introduce the characters you will see a lot of over the next 6 months.

This is me (Eby):



I am from Florida, but moved to New York City to attend New York University's Stern School of Business (for Marketing) and have been here ever since. I have worked in Advertising and Social Media, so I am very knowledgeable of social networking, blogging, photo blogging, and the like. I am a skateboarder and have been making videos for the past few years, both about skateboarding and about thing have have nothing to do with skateboarding. I have brought my own equipment with me to make the best of the video experience. I have a blog that I have been maintaining for the past few years and am excited to bring that experience to this new audience.

And this beauty is my girlfriend, Camille:



Camille will also have a feature where she gives her take on the islands (the female perspective, for you ladies). She was born and raised in New York City, went to Hunter College for Sociology, and works in advertising. She is an animal lover, health conscious, a cook, and one funny lady.

We haven't been on the islands for very long, but from what we have already seen in this short time, these islands have been under-rated for a long time. I hope that you will come visit the island and pay us a visit. Anyone that does will most likely make it onto the blog. Click here to find deals.

Drop us a line at [insert email address here].

Cheers!
Eby (and Camille)

No comments:

Post a Comment