Friday, January 23, 2009

Sun, Kangaroos, and Crying Men

Today was our first time bushwalking on the island. It was fantastic and we came across some interesting characters like these two:


This is a mother kangaroo and her joey. We didn't get too close because we didn't want to disrupt or scare them, but with this being the first time either of us have seen a kangaroo in the wild, we are very excited!


We walked off the trails a couple times to check out the remote beaches.


Warning: this image may contain from (tree) nudity.


My second favorite color green. Is it bad that money is the first? Shame on my capitalist self!


Don't be fooled, the water was freeeeeezing. Camille dared me to sit in it. That was a mistake!


It was pretty sunny, but nature was kind enough to provide us with some shade. How kind!


We came upon this large creek. The water was much warmer than that little creek I sat in, thankfully.


The roots of the mangrove trees reminded me of miniature cypress knees that grow in the swamps of Florida (back home).


With it being so bright out, it was stunning to see how dark it could get deep in the bush.


I have been a fan of ferns since I was a kid, exploring the forests of Florida and the Carolinas (back in the states). The ferns here were surprisingly softer than the ones I am accustomed to, however.


Have you ever tried limboing a tree? My bruised butt doesn't recommend it.


With another deviation to the beach, we found this lone starfish in need of rescue. We helped it back into the water.


This place is made for photos!


We came across a bunch of other kangaroos. I always imagined them much bigger. They are super cute, but either-way, we kept our distance out of respect (and slight terror, haha).


This guy really scared me. When they look at you like that, you know you better keep an eye out.


I am not sure what these fuzzy thing were, but they reminded me of the hats royal guards wear.


Check out the view on the way home! The sunsets here can bring tears to the manliest of men's eyes.

(***We did not take any of these photos, and I don't think any of them are from Hamilton Island, though they are from some of the other islands. I just found these online.***)

We hope you enjoyed the photos. I took so many but didn't want to overwhelm you with too many. I can post more if you would like, but I think I posted the best of them. Let us know in the comments and we can post more.

Also, we have been going through your emails and will be doing a segment tomorrow where we answer some of your questions and respond to a good chunk of the emails. We got so many so we won't be able to respond to them all, unfortunately, but we will try to cover as much as we can. Until then, Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment